Root Galaxy Ace S5830 on Gingerbread
This could be considered an outdated article by many, but I decided to post the procedure after finding a substantial lack of simple guides and/or download links. Before we proceed, read the cautions below:-
1. Do not try this on S5830 I, S5830 M or any other version of Galaxy Ace other than GT-S5830.
2. We can’t be held responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This procedure has been tested on many devices and has successfully worked.
1. S5830 with a minimum chanrge of 30%.
2. Galaxy Ace Root Package.
1. Go to Settings >> Applications >> Development and enable USB Debugging if disabled.
2. Connect your phone to computer, enable Mass Storage and copy the downloaded Root Package to the root of your SD Card.
3. Disconnect the phone from Computer and switch the phone off.
4. Remove SIM Card, put the battery back in and enter Recovery Mode by holding the Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
5. Now, select Apply Update from SD Card and choose Root.zip on your SD Card.
Note – When in recovery, use Volume rockers to move up and down and to choose use Home button. To go back, use the Back Button as usually.
6. Go back and reboot.
Enjoy your rooted Galaxy Ace. But, if you’re looking to install Custom ROMs or development, read Install ClockWorkMod Recovery on Galaxy Ace and Things to do before installing or updating ROMs on Android. (1)